- Gucci was founded by Guccio Gucci in Florence in 1921.
- As an immigrant in Paris and then London, working in exclusive hotels, young Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) was impressed with the luxurious luggage he saw sophisticated guests bring with them. Upon returning to his birthplace of Florence, a city distinguished for high-quality materials and skilled artisans, he established a shop in 1920 that sold fine leather goods with classic styling.
- Tom Ford became creative director of Gucci in 1994 and infused the luxury brand with a sense of daring and provocation that resonated with celebrity and the fashion world. The stiletto, and silk cutout jersey dresses with metallic hardware details became instant icons of Ford’s uniquely glamorous vision.
- In 1999 the French powerhouse LVMH tried to acquire Gucci, but its rival PPR bested it, snapping up Gucci and creating the Gucci Group, which today is home to Yves Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Alexander McQueen, and Balenciaga, among others.
- Gucci is the biggest-selling Italian brand
This is a non-trend post..
Another ‘ensemble’ that I like is the combination of the pink sequin top and the cream colored skirt.
Yes, it was in the previous season of American Idol wore by JLo.. (too late to discuss it but oh well.. ).
Other lovely pieces that I want to put here:
just want to collect a series of dress that I found interesting..
(I noticed it a bit late actually :D but still enjoy it anyway)
OK, so it’s about the black polka dot dress. The dots are black, either plain or glittered, or white. The dotted part is put on one or several part of the dress. Maybe it creates an optical illusion that slims the body.. um.. I’m not an expert on this, so I dunno.
I really like those dresses.. classy but still unique :>
Apparently it was launched at the Stella McCartney runway - Fall 2011 which then wore by famous ladies…
But I first noticed it from the Wonder Girl Video Clip “Be My Baby” (catchy lyric). The five girls wearing different dress but in the same theme. It’s quite interesting to see how the designer differentiate each dress.
Then I started to watch the American Idol season 11 and found the dress wore by JLo. I also found a similar type wore by Adele in the 2012 Grammy Award.
~ Realizing that makes me want to write about those dresses LOL.
Other Reference that I read:
this is my first post using tumblr..
still learning how to make it work..
don’t know who will read it so..
thanks to anyone who read this and hope you’ll enjoy it ^^
ps: I still don’t know what to put in the title section.. so I just leave it blank for now :p. The layout is still a mess.. sorry.